Ty Trist Colliery, c. 1910
The colliery was owned by the Tedegar Iron and Coal Co. until taken over by the National Coal Board in 1947. In about 1928, one of the workmen committed suicide by throwing himself down the shaft. Another workman killed himself by laying his head on the LMS Railway line near the colliery. Ty Trist means “the house of sorrow”.
Date of coverage1910
PlaceTy Trist Colliery Tredegar
These are the most popular locations used on the site. The more popular the keyword, the bigger the font size.
View all the locations used in this catalogue.